The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI) announced today that Michael Bartsch has been appointed as a director to the board of management of the automotive sector’s peak industry body.
Mr Bartsch, currently managing director of Volkswagen Group Australia, has a long history in the automotive sector including overseas postings with Porsche and Infiniti.
Tony Weber, chief executive of the FCAI, welcomed Mr Bartsch to the board.
“The automotive industry in Australia is in a state of constant change as it brings innovative technologies rich in safety and environmental benefits to our customers.
“And to effectively deliver these new technologies, we need a strong leadership team. For this reason, the FCAI is pleased to welcome Michael to our board of management,” Mr Weber said.
Mr Bartsch said he was honoured to be elected to the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries board.
“Never has the work of the FCAI been more important,” Mr Bartsch said. “Ours is an industry that will be at the forefront of the profound changes taking place in the area of personal mobility.”
Mr Bartsch joins the new FCAI board line-up which includes:
- President Horst Von Sanden (Mercedes Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd)
- Vice-President Matt Callachor (Toyota Motor Company Australia)
- Treasurer Vinesh Bhindi (Mazda Australia)
- Director Kay Hart (Ford Australia)
- Director Dave Buttner (GM-Holden)
- Director Nick Senior (Inchcape)
- Director Stephen Lester (Nissan Australia)
- Director Paul Vandenberg (Suzuki Motorcycles)
- Director Stephen Collins (Honda Australia)
For more information contact:
Director Communications and Emerging Technologies
0408 320 797